How to Make Homemade CBD Candy (Using Our CBD Oils)
According to a recent study, over 58% of cannabis consumers prefer CBD edibles such as CBD candy, gummies, brownies, CBD coffee, soda, and more. While regular CBD products such as tinctures can have an odd flavor, CBD-infused candy is both delicious and medicinal.
There are numerous types of CBD edibles to try out, and there are many different distributors to purchase them from.
The only problem with this is that since edibles are not regulated by the FDA, not all CBD edibles are alike. This means that you may get different doses of CBD, even if you order the same product from the same company.
The solution to this problem is to make the CBD-infused candy yourself. This way, you can use the highest quality oils and know exactly how much is in each CBD candy.
But how do you make CBD candy? The process is much different than other types of candy, as you do not want to lose the CBD potency.
Thankfully we’ve created this handy guide to teach you everything there is to know about making CBD candy at home. Keep on reading to learn more.
Why is CBD Candy So Popular?
If you are wondering what all the craze is about with CBD edibles, keep on reading, as there are some benefits that may blow your mind.
Even though they are very tasty, the benefits of CBD edibles go far beyond the nostalgic feeling of eating delicious candy. The benefits of CBD candy are very similar to the benefits of a high-quality CBD oil, except they are much more convenient to consume.
While CBD oils and tinctures are extremely beneficial, you need to add them to something to mask the taste and ensure you are consuming the right amount.
CBD candy, on the other hand, all you have to do (once you have made them) is pop them into your mouth and enjoy both the taste and the benefits. Also, when ingesting CBD, the chemicals have to pass through your liver and your stomach, which takes much longer to digest, therefore, the results last much longer.
According to research, the effects of CBD can last up to four hours when ingested.
What Are the Benefits of CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) provides potentially multiple benefits for your overall health. The results are both mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual. Whether you have chronic pain, debilitating anxiety, or have trouble sleeping, CBD could help with all of those conditions.
Some of the believed benefits of consuming CBD are:
- Pain relief
- Reduce symptoms of anxiety
- Boosts your mood
- Reduces symptoms of epilepsy, lowering the number of seizures
- Lowers the inflammatory process of arthritis
- Reduces depression by raising serotonin
- Neuroprotective benefits by protecting against harmful free-radicals
- Reduces symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Huntington’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and other neurological conditions
- Reduces the symptoms of skin conditions including eczema, dermatitis, and psoriasis
- Reduces chances of developing mental illnesses
- Helps you to sleep better
- Fights cancer
All of these benefits are provided without the psychoactive high. This is because CBD does not have any THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) content, which is responsible for the “stoner’s high”. There are many more benefits of CBD, so check out our article on CBD oil benefits to learn more.
Get Your Ingredients Together
Before you begin to make your CBD candy, you need to have all the proper cookware and accessories first. You also need to ensure you have all the ingredients, which will be available at any major grocery store, except for the CBD of course!
First, you need to get the molds which will help you to set your candy. We suggest using silicone molds as they offer the best non-stick experience so you aren’t destroying your candies when you remove them.
In addition to the molds, we also suggest spraying the molds with any non-stick cooking spray such as coconut oil or vegetable oil to make it even easier for removal.
If you are making brownies, make sure you have a good baking dish instead of a silicone mold.
Choose A High-Quality CBD Oil
The most important part of your CBD candy-making process is the oil or tincture that you decide to use. There are a few different types of CBD, such as full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and isolate. There are also numerous different levels of quality, so make sure you do your research first before purchasing.
The CBD oil can also come in many different types of oil bases, such as MCT oil, olive oil, camellia oil, or hemp oil. Our CBD is third-party lab tested to ensure it is of the highest quality on the market. That’s why every product includes a certificate of authenticity (COA) label on them.
How to Make CBD Hard Candy
There is something so satisfying about savoring your own homemade CBD hard candy. Perhaps it is because you know how much it will make you feel better, yet you get to enjoy the delicious flavor in the meantime.
To make CBD hard candy, you need to have a candy thermometer, a silicone mold, nonstick cooking spray, and the ingredients for the candy:
- Food coloring (optional)
- Flavoring extracts (variations)
- 2 rounded cups of sugar
- 1/4 cup of water (not distilled)
- 2/3 cup of corn syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons of Etanicals CBD oil
- Mix the water, sugar, and corn syrup in a medium-sized saucepan
- Let it come to a low boil, mixing frequently
- Test the temperature of the mixture, making sure it is around 250F
- Once it reaches 250F, stop stirring and let the temperature climb to 305F, then remove it from the heat
- Add the food coloring, extract, and CBD oil, gently mix until combined
- Add to the sprayed cooking molds
- Make sure they are fully hardened before you remove them from the molds
How To Make CBD Gummies
CBD gummies tend to be the most popular choice of CBD edibles available. There is something oddly satisfying with the special texture of a gummy, especially when you know it will improve your quality of life.
CBD gummies are typically a bit healthier than CBD hard candy as they have less sugar and more fruit juice ingredients.
- 1 cup of fruit juice of your choice (avoid tropical fruits as they contain an enzyme that makes it harder to set)
- 1.5 tsp of agar powder (to thicken)
- 2 tbsp of agave syrup or honey
- 1.5 tsp of Etanicals CBD oil
- Mix the syrup or honey, agar powder, and fruit juice into a large saucepan, and whisk it together
- Let it sit for five minutes to mix and hydrate
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly
- Once the liquid bubbles in the center, turn off the heat
- Gently stir in the CBD oil
- Spray a silicone mold with nonstick cooking spray or coconut oil
- Use a spoon or pipette to administer the mixture to the molds
- Chill in the fridge for about 30-45 minutes
- Slowly and gently remove the gummies from the molds, laying them in an airtight container in the fridge
- Consume within 1 week
How To Make CBD Chocolate
Chocolate is a delicacy that brings joy to nearly everyone, to make it even better, you can have chocolate with healing benefits! CBD chocolate is a very popular way of consuming CBD, and it is one of the most common homemade CBD edible options.
- 1 cup chocolate (your favorite)
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey or agave syrup
- 1.5 tsp Etanicals CBD oil
- Flavored extracts such as peppermint, raspberry, coconut (optional)
- Fill a large saucepan with water, and add a second dish on top of it (like a metal mixing bowl)
- Make sure the water does not touch the bowl
- Turn the heat on low and add the butter to the dish, stirring often
- Once the butter is melting, add the chocolate
- Keep stirring constantly to avoid burning
- Once it is mixed, remove the mixture from the heat
- Allow it to cool a bit, then add the honey, extracts, and CBD oil
- Pour the chocolate into a silicone mold, then level it on the top with a spatula to make each chocolate even
- Chill in the fridge until solid, then gently remove from the mold
How Much CBD Candy Should You Have?
The amount of CBD candy that you have really depends on your personal needs and tolerance. Many variables determine the amount of CBD you should have, including age, weight, tolerance levels, needs, medications, etc.
As a rule of thumb, start small with your CBD, then increase your dosage as your body adjusts to the CBD.
Make Your CBD Candy Today!
Now that you know how to make CBD candy, it is time to get the candy-making party started. If you haven’t purchased your CBD oil yet, we highly suggest purchasing one that has high-quality reviews.
Etanicals CBD extracts (and all of our products) are third-party tested to ensure they are of the highest quality on the market. If you have any questions about our products, feel free to ask us anything!