5 Amazing Kratom Recipes That Will Surprise You
Ever heard of Kratom?
You’ll find the Kratom tree nestled at home in Southeast Asia. You can find these trees in Thailand, Malaysia, New Guinea, Myanmar, and the Philippines. As early as the 20th century, locals would harvest Kratom trees to enjoy the benefits given by its leaves.
Kratom contains mitragynine alkaloids. These ingredients have pain-relieving and muscle-relaxing effects. Because of these benefits, local laborers would chew on Kratom leaves to boost their productivity.
Today, Kratom products come in the form of powder. Anyone can enjoy the benefits of Kratom. Because Kratom can be an acquired taste, here are five Kratom recipes you can try at home.
Benefits of Kratom
Kratom receives its praise from its pain-relieving effects. But consuming kratom can give you more than that. Kratom users can receive the following benefits:
- Pain relief
- Relieve anxiety
- Improved mood
- Energy boost
- Improves your focus
- High blood pressure/hypertension relief
- Recovery from opiate withdrawal
- Helps with diarrhea
- Management of diabetes, and
- Enhanced cognition
Kratom comes with a bitter taste, but don’t let that stop you from enjoying Kratom’s many benefits. You can easily add Kratom to your diet without taking away its benefits. Here are some of the best Kratom recipes for you to try.
1. Citrus Kratom Tea
Kratom tea is the most common way of consuming Kratom. You can enjoy a simple brew of Kratom tea with hot, but not boiling, water. Most people finish by adding sweetener.
If you would like to enjoy more than a simple cup of Kratom tea, try this citrus Kratom tea recipe. Adding citrus to your regular Kratom brew gives it a refreshing flavor with added Vitamin C and antioxidants. Here are the ingredients:
- Two (2) cups of water
- 1/2 sliced lemon
- 1/2 sliced orange
- 1/2 sliced lime
- Honey (optional)
- Your regular dose of Kratom
To prepare a cup of citrus Kratom tea, follow these directions:
- Heat water in a small pot. Do not allow the water to boil.
- Stir through the Kratom. Reduce heat. Allow Kratom to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add your sliced fruits and honey (to taste) and allow it to simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain Kratom tea into your cup.
If you want to enjoy this as an iced beverage, allow the mixture to cool then serve with ice. Avoid pouring boiling water over your Kratom mixture as the high heat can strip Kratom of its benefits.
2. Chocolate Kratom Milkshake
If you don’t enjoy Kratom’s bitter taste, you can counter it with some sweet chocolate. Milk can interact with the tannins present in the Kratom herb. This allows milk to neutralize its bitter taste.
Kratom’s beneficial compounds are fat-soluble. Adding milk to your kratom dosage allows your body to absorb it with more ease. Here are the ingredients:
- 1 cup of full-cream milk or non-dairy milk
- 1/4 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate milk powder
- 1 tablespoon of chocolate syrup
- A pinch of salt
- Your regular dose of Kratom
To prepare an indulgent chocolate Kratom milkshake, follow these steps.
- Prepare your blender with a scoop of ice.
- Add your ingredients and blend well.
Add a scoop of ice cream to make your milkshake a sweeter treat. If you enjoyed this method of preparing Kratom, try our Chocolate Tayan Kratom.
3. Tropical Kratom Juice Punch
If you want a fruitier drink for the summer, try this tropical Kratom juice punch. For this recipe, you will need:
- 1 kiwi
- 1/2 pineapple
- 1/2 mango
- 1/2 papaya
- Your regular dose of Kratom
These extra vitamins and enzymes will help your digestion and absorption of Kratom. Follow these steps to prepare a zesty tropical Kratom juice punch.
- Use an electric juicer to juice your tropical fruits and ginger.
- Throw away the pulp.
- Combine and stir with your regular dose of Kratom.
- Serve over ice.
The sweetness of your ingredients can help mask the bitter flavor of Kratom. Enjoy your regular dose of Kratom strained with your favorite juiced fresh fruits.
4. Kratom Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies are a great afternoon snack. You can enjoy all of Kratom’s benefits with this chocolate chip cookie recipe. To make these Kratom chocolate chip cookies, gather the following ingredients.
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 24 grams of kratom powder
Once you have finished gathering the ingredients, follow these steps.
- Preheat your oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine your butter and sugar. Cream for 5 minutes with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add your egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Beat until the mixture becomes the consistency of mousse.
- Combine your dry ingredients by sifting together your kratom, flour, cornflour, baking soda, and salt. Use a wooden spoon to add it slowly to the butter mixture until you get a soft dough.
- Add your chocolate chips.
- Take a tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Place it on the baking sheet and repeat. Leave 2 inches of space between each ball.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes and swap trays halfway through. The cookies must have slightly-browned edges and pale towards the center. Leave cookies in for 2-3 more minutes for crispier cookies.
You should be able to fit 6 balls of cookie dough on a single baking sheet. When done, allow your cookies to cool for ten minutes.
5. Kratom Iced Coffee
Your Kratom strain can provide varying effects. If you want to add caffeine to your Kratom, use a lighter strain. Start by gathering the following ingredients.
- 1 cup of room temperature brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla simple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of half and half
- Your regular dose of kratom
Follow these directions to make Kratom iced coffee.
- Combine kratom and brewed coffee.
- Add your simple syrup and half-and-half.
When done mixing, serve with ice.
Try These 5 Amazing Kratom Recipes!
Here are some great Kratom recipes if you want to avoid the natural bitter taste. Feel free to give each them a try or add some new ingredients for a different spin.
Are you looking for high-quality kratom powder? Browse Etanicals’ inventory and find great options for your perfect Kratom strain.